Certificate IV in Building and Construction – CPC404110
If you’re currently working in the construction industry and would like to improve your employment prospects and boost your earning potential, our Building and Construction courses could be the perfect solution. Our flexible delivery schedule will allow you to upskill and gain your qualification without interfering with your current working arrangements.
Qualified trainers and industry experts will take your expertise to a whole new level, providing instruction on contractual requirements, legislation, building knowledge, estimating, supervision, planning and business management. Our Building and Construction courses will provide you with a well-rounded set of competencies and give you the confidence to live the dream of running your own business as a domestic builder.
- Site joiner
- Construction technician
- Project manager
- Roofing technician
- Site supervisor
Click a link below to register your expression of interest in the following locations
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 9 - 12 months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 26
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
Topics covered in this course include:
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Contribute effectively to health and safety at your work site and know how to deal with any hazards or incidents that may occur.
- Codes, Plans and Contracts
- Learn how to correctly read and interpret building plans and specifications, ensure your work complies with the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and effectively use contracts to manage your building work.
- Costing, Scheduling, Procurement and Storing of Building Materials
- Become familiar with the terminology, mathematics and pricing instruments required to accurately estimate and schedule work in the building industry.
- Planning and Supervision of Construction Projects
- Develop the skills to plan and lead building and construction projects.
- Apply Structural Principals
- Understand the theory behind structural principles and learn how to apply them to both residential and commercial low rise construction projects.
- Financial, legal and risk management
- Learn the fundamentals of running a business in the building industry to minimise risk and maximise your chances of success.